These are the instructor’s lecture notes. The actual content of in-class lectures may differ. For example, sometimes we may not cover all details contained in the lecture notes, or we may cover different parts of a single lecture on multiple days. Also, sometimes the notes are incomplete.
For these reasons, not to mention the participation portion of your grade, it is important to be present at every class.
Assigned readings corresponding to lectures are listed in the course schedule.
Links will be activated below as they are posted throughout the term.
- L0 — course overview; common types of robots
- L1 — C programming on microcontrollers and embedded systems
- L2 — rotation sensors; electric motors
- L3 — differential drive kinematics
- L4 — motor control
- L5 — obstacle avoidance and local navigation
- L6 — sensors for mobile robots
- L7 — global navigation
- L8 — basic localization and mapping
- L9 — arm kinematics
- L10 — cameras, images, sampling, and color
- L11 — image processing, blob detection, edge/line/circle detection
- L12 — camera calibration and monocular vision
- L13 — stereo vision and the Kinect
- L14 — visual servoing
- L15 — extended Kalman filter localization
- L16 — EKF SLAM