☀️ We have moved to Northeastern University ☀️
Download my curriculum vitae in pdf format (last updated on 12/26/2018). Google Scholar profile.
- i. ☀️ (January 2019) A CAFA collaboration reveals 11 new long-term memory genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Balint’s and Stephen’s paper from the Bosco group published in G3 and featured on the journal home page. The paper is available here.
- ii. ☀️ (January 2019) Rashika’s and Shantanu’s paper on correction of performance estimates in positive-unlabeled learning presented at PSB 2019. The paper is available here.
- iii. ☀️ (December 2018) Wazim’s and Kym’s paper on sequencing a Serbian individual’s genome published in PLoS One. This work started as a class project in Matt Hahn’s population genomics class.
- iv. ☀️ (December 2018) Shantanu’s paper on identifiability of skew normal mixtures accepted in Scandinavian Journal of Statistics. An older version of the (much updated and stronger) paper is available on arXiv.
- v. ☀️ (November 2018) Kym defends Ph.D. thesis. Congratulations! Joining Karchin lab at Johns Hopkins.
- vi. ☀️ (November 2018) The Baboon Sequencing Consortium paper accepted in Science Advances.
- vii. (October 2018) Pedja visiting New York and Mount Sinai for a machine learning seminar.
- viii. (October 2018) Our collaboration with Anna Kashina’s group on understanding protein arginylation and mammalian arginylome has been accepted in Scientific Reports.
- ix. (September 2018) Rashika’s and Shantanu’s paper on correction of performance estimates in positive-unlabeled learning accepted to PSB 2019.
- x. (September 2018) Gregg’s paper, from Matt Hahn’s group, on estimation of mutation rates in primates accepted in Current Biology. An early version available here.
- xi. (August 2018) Shantanu defends Ph.D. thesis. Congratulations!
- xii. (August 2018) Pedja to attend NSF workshop in Belgrade, Serbia.
- xiii. (August 2018) Our manuscript on identifying alternatively spliced proteins published in TCBB.
- xiv. (July 2018) Rafael gives a talk at CAGI 5. Overall, a good showing at CAGI and ISMB for the group!
- xv. (July 2018) Shawn presents a proceedings paper at ISMB 2018. The paper is available here.
- xvi. (July 2018) Our paper on active feature elicitation, led by Sriraam Natarajan’s group, presented at IJCAI 2018.
Awards and Honors
August-Wilhelm Scheer Visiting Professor at Technical University of Munich, 2016
Senior Member, International Society for Computational Biology, 2015
National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2007
Outstanding Young Researcher, University of Novi Sad, 1998
Board of Directors Member, International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB), 2012-
Associate Editor, PLoS Computational Biology, 2014-
Editorial Board Member, Bioinformatics, Oxford University Press, 2010-
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- • Protein structure and function; method development and evaluation of function prediction
- • Post-translational modifications (PTMs)
- • Mass spectrometry (MS) and MS/MS proteomics
- • Understanding and predicting molecular mechanisms of disease
- • Genome interpretation
- • Precision medicine and precision health
- • Supervised and semi-supervised learning: learning from positive and unlabeled data; learning from biased data
- • Structured-output learning and evaluation; extreme classification
- • Kernel-based inference on sequences, time-series, and graphs
Last updated: January 9, 2019