Re: Doug's interface for traversal-related concerns

Subject: Re: Doug's interface for traversal-related concerns
From: Pengcheng Wu (wupc@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 10:07:08 EST

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Karl Lieberherr wrote:

> Hi Doug, Pengcheng and John:
>
> I like the new design by Doug for edge patterns very much.
> This will be our new interface for expressing
> traversal related-concerns in DJ and in AspectDJ.
>
> John: please can you check whether you want to put this
> interface into AspectDJ?
> See: /home/lieber/.www/com3362/w02/hw/7/assign7-com3362.txt
>
> Pengcheng: do you agree with Doug re. calling all matching methods?

I agree with Doug about calling all matching methods in that it more
conforms to the adaptive programming implementation style. But I have some
conservations about that in terms of standard object-oriemted programming
style, i.e., in O-O, only most specific method get executed, unless the
users
explicitly call 'super.m()'.

--Pengcheng