using the Blackboard System

Subject: using the Blackboard System
From: Karl Lieberherr (lieber@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 10:08:58 EST

We will use the Blackboard system in this class.
It has many capabilities but we will use only a few.
Use Blackboard the way you find most suitable but as a minimum
use it to turn in your homework and to monitor your grades.

Blackboard (http://blackboard.neu.edu) will be used mainly for
turning in homework and posting of grades.

Create a new student account following the directions on the main page

Login into your blackboard account: http://www.edtech.neu.edu/blackboard/Bb5/login/login.html

Enroll in the class: Courses > Computer Science > Winter 2002 > Software Design and Development
  (Enroll)

To turn in homework: Tools > Digital Drop Box > Send File
Filename format is: hw[homework id]_[lastname].[file type]
homework id = 1ab | 1cde
lastname = your last name
file type = zip, doc, ppt, pdf, ps, txt, jpg, gif

John Sung and Karl Lieberherr