Compilation error involving tail

Subject: Compilation error involving tail
From: Adam Lister (adaml@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:07:43 EST

I'm pretty sure I'm generating my java files correctly, but when I try to compile in the java file for the traversal I am generating, I get an error.

what I'm doing:
First I generate the java file for the traversal, and I have it generated into the gen directory with all the other files.
Next I go into the gen directory, and I do

ajc *.java

This yields:

./testTrav.java:94:13: can't bind name: tail
        if (tail != null)
            ^
./testTrav.java:102:5: Decl_BracketList.tail has private access
    this.tail.testTrav(tokens);
    ^
2 errors

In my class dictionary, I have:
BracketList(S) ~ "{" {S} "}".

Has anyone else encountered/solved this problem, or even know what is going on? I'm kind of at a loss, and its keeping me from testing my project.

Thanks,
Adam Lister