|I am an Associate Professor at Northeastern University in the Khoury College of Computer Sciences. I joined Northeastern University in Fall 2016. Before that, I was a Consultant Research Scientist at RSA Laboratories, working on threat detection, machine learning for security, cloud security, and applied cryptography. I am the recipient of the Technology Review TR35 award for research in cloud security in 2011 and the recipient of the Google Security and Privacy Award 2019.|
Selected Invited Talks
- Machine Learning Integrity and Privacy in Adversarial Environments.
Invited talk at the Alan Turing Institute, March 2021. [Recording]
Keynote at the ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT), 2021
- Machine Learning Integrity in Adversarial Environments.
Invited talk at the Security and Safety in Machine Learning Systems Workshop at ICLR, 2021.
- Towards Resilient Machine Learning in Adversarial Environments.
Distinguished lecture at University of Virginia, 2019
Keynote at the DYnamic and Novel Advances in Machine Learning and Intelligent Cyber Security (DYNAMICS) Workshop at the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), 2020
Invited talk at the Recent Advances in Artificial Intelligence for National Security (RAINNS) Workshop at MIT Lincoln Lab, 2020
Invited talk at the PNNL MARS Seminar Series, 2020
- AI in Cybersecurity: Applications, Open Problems, and Future Directions.
Keynote at the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), 2018. [Slides]
Keynote talk at the RISE-Ericsson Security Day, 2019
- Adversarial Poisoning Attacks and Defenses in Machine Learning Systems.
Third ARO Adversarial Machine Learning Workshop, UT Dallas, November 2018
- Resilient machine learning in cyber security.
Second International Conference on Recent Advances in Artificial Intelligence (RAAI), Bucharest, Romania, June 2018
- Resilient machine learning in the real world.
MIT Lincoln Lab, CORE Seminar Series, November 2017
- Resilient machine learning in cybsersecurity applications.
Northeastern University, Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute Opening, October 2017
- MOSAIC: A Platform for Monitoring and Security Analytics in Public Clouds.
Massachusetts Open Cloud Annual Workshop, Boston University, December 2016
- Proactive breach detection with security analytics.
PhD Open House for CCIS, Northeastern University, March 2017
BBN, December 2016
Tufts University CS Colloquium, November 2016
CyberSEED Conference, University of Connecticut, October 2016
- Applications of Machine Learning in Security.
Workshop on Cybersecurity Applications of Big Data, Boston University, January 2016
- Analytics-Based Security Service for the MOC.
Massachusetts Open Cloud Annual Workshop, Boston University, November 2015
- Protecting Cloud Infrastructures against Modern Attacks.
Secure Cloud Computing and Storage Workshop, Boston University, May 2015
GREPSEC workshop for women in computer security research, May 2015
- Detecting Advanced Threats by Mining Large-Scale Log Data.
New England Networking and Systems Day, Boston University, October 2014
- Early-Stage APT Detection by Mining Large-Scale Log Data.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory, June 2014
- Beehive: Large-Scale Log Analysis for Anomaly Detection in Enterprise Networks.
WPI security seminar, November 2013
Guest lecture at UMass Boston course on computer forensics, December 2013
- Lessons from the FlipIt game.
Workshop On Multi-Spectrum Metrics For Cyber Defense (WMMCD), MIT, October 2013
- New Approaches for Securing Cloud Data.
Zurich Information Security Center (ZISC) Workshop, ETH Zurich, June 2012
CDSP research workshop at Northeastern University, April 2012
MIT security seminar, April 2012
- HomeAlone: Co-residency Detection in the Cloud via Side-Channel Analysis.
MIT security seminar, March 2011
- HAIL: A High Availability and Integrity Layer for Cloud Storage.
Guest lecture at cloud computing course at MIT, March 2011
Microsoft Research Redmond Cryptography Colloquium, December 2009
Crypto in the Clouds Workshop, MIT, August 2009
- Authentic Time-Stamping for Archival Storage.
SNIA Technical Council and Board of Directors, EMC, USA August 2009
Innovation Network Lecture Series sponsored by EMC Corporation, May 2009
- Efficient Integrity Algorithms for Storage Systems.
SNIA Storage Security Summit, CMU, 2007