Assigned: Wed 10-06
Due: Wed 10-13
- Please review the
outlined in the course information page.
- On the first page of your solution write-up,
you must make explicit which problems are to be graded for
"regular credit", which problems are to be graded for "extra credit",
and which problems you did not attempt.
Please use a table something like the following
where "RC" is "regular credit", "EC" is "extra credit", and "NA"
is "not applicable" (not attempted). Failure to do so will result
in an arbitrary set of problems being graded for regular
credit, no problems being graded for extra credit, and a five percent
- You must also write down with whom you worked on the assignment. If this
changes from problem to problem, then you should write down this
information separately with each problem.
Required: 6 of the following 8 problems
Points: 20 pts per problem
- Problem 1.54
- Exercise 2.1; Exercise 2.4 parts b,c,e
- Exercise 2.6 parts b,d
- Exercise 2.9
- Exercise 2.11, exercise 2.12.
- Give the state diagrams of pushdown automata for the languages in Exercise 2.4 parts b,c,d,e. Note: for part d, a grammar is given on Page 132 of Sipser.
- Problem 2.27.
- Problem 2.21. Note: if you exhibit a CFG, you have to *prove* that it recognizes the desired language. This may be the most difficult problem in the set. Challenge yourself!