I am currently leading Data Mining Group at Northeastern University. Prior to that, I received my
Ph.D. degree from
Computer Science Department,
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC) in December 2012. I got my M.S. degree in
Signal and Information Processing in July 2007, and B.S. degrees in
Computer Science and in Statistics in June 2004 from
Peking University, China.
For Prospective Students
I am now looking for highly motivated Ph.D. students.
NEU Ph.D. admission and policy,
- [Dec. 2015] Two papers have been accepted by SDM'16.
- [Oct. 2015] Invited Talk at BU Data Management
- [Oct. 2015] Invited Talk at UMASS Dartmouth
- [May 2015] Invited Talk at UMASS Medical School
Quantitative Methods Core Methods Seminar.
- [Mar. 2015] I received NSF CAREER Award.
Large-Scale Information Network Analysis, Social Network, Link Analysis
- Graph Mining, Web Mining, Text Mining
Data Mining, Database Systems, Statistics, Machine Learning, Information
Retrieval, Network Science
- More about my Research
Publications [Full List] [DBLP]
Selected Honors and Awards
NSF CAREER Award, 2015
Yahoo ACE (Academic Career Enhancement) Award, 2013
ACM SIGKDD 2013 Dissertation Award, 2013
Yahoo!-DAIS Outstanding Research Award, UIUC, 2013
Best Student Paper Award, 2012 ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on
Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'12), 2012
Best Paper Award, Int. Conf. on Advances in Social
Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM'11), July 2011
- Data Mining Research Awards, Data Mining Group, UIUC,
Fall 2012, Spring 2012, Fall 2011, Spring 2011, Spring 2009, and Fall 2008