CS6140 Machine Learning, Spring 2013
- TENTATIVE GRADES POSTED ONLINE. Final office hours : Monday 4/29 12pm-2pm, only discussing grading.
- Wednesday 4/24 office hours: 1pm-3pm
- I will be at office today 4/20 11am-1pm
- No office hours today 4/19 - NEU closed, Boston in chaos (again!). Send your questions by email.
- Project report due 4/24 printed on paper. By 4/26 also send an email with a zip file containg
- the report(pdf),
- the slides in pdf, if not too big
- sample of the data if possible (and how to get it if public). I am not going to try to run the code on it.
- the code
- a README.txt file on the exact steps of the code in order to produce the results. Each code module/step should have a comment "written by me" or "taken from XXX", "using XXX library" or "adapted from XXX".
- Send this email AFTER you gave me the printed copy.
- Please complete the TRACE evaluations
- Monday 4/15 : Due to Boston Marathon, office hours will happen late, 6:30pm-8:30pm. No office hours today, as Boston Downtown seems to be in chaos due to the explosions. For people presenting tomorrow 4/16:
- send your questios by email, you will get a reply from me today as soon as possible
- if absolutely necessary, we can arrange a skype meeting
- Grade script fixed.
- Project will be graded based on 7 aspects (separate points):
- Milestone 30p (yes/no)
- Data up to 40p (size, features, complexity, processing)
- Technicality up to 40p (the most intellectually challenging aspect/algorithm)
- Code Implementation up to 40p (efficiency)
- Evaluation up to 40p (result quality vs what else was done or can be done)
- Presentation up to 70p (slides and your speaking ability - remember that you have about 18 minutes)
- Report and other issues, up to 40p (writing, making key points)
- New office hours schedule, for projects help:
- week of 4/8 : Wed 5-7, Thu 4-6
- week of 4/15: Mon 6-8pm, Wed 5-7, Fri 12-2
- week of 4/22: Wed 11-1, Thu 4-6
- Tentative Presentation schedule
- No office hours Monday 4/8, as your instructor is sick at home. Will make sure to look at projects Wednesday and Thursday.
- Adding extra office hours for project discussion: Mondays 4:30pm-6:30pm, for the next 4 weeks April 1, 8, 15, 22.
- HW3: Adaboost PB3 should be run using cross-validation (late post, so you have few more days to work on it)
- HW4 posted
- HW3 edited. EM problem fixed.
- HW3 posted.
- Cheng's programming session on Friday March 1st rescheduled
for Thursday April 28, 10:30 AM. This is a one time only, the
other sessions stay on Friday mornings.
- HW2 edited, some problems changed between regular and extra credit.
- HW2 being posted, might see some edits. You should definitely start with the programming assignments.
- The forum
should be functional now, invites have been sent. You will be able to
post if you accept the invite, and if your email is registered with
- HW1 updated again. At least in some of the book editions,
do not correspond to the HW numbers, so please follow the problem text.
Pb 5 is now extra credit, since it involves multiclass classification,
which we did not talk about yet. Extra Credit can be submitted after
- HW1 updated.
- HW1 posted, due Jan 29
- Please complete the student information and send it to email@example.com
- Welcome to CS 6140. Bookmark this page!