CS6140 Machine Learning, Spring 2014
- HW6 PB2: for 50 points, you need one clustering to work (either A or B or C) not all three.
- Students who get HW4, 5, 6 done: please post on piazza your
experience, in particular tricks that you did to make it work, and
overall results (erro/accuracy). Thanks.
- The final deadline for all demos and
sumbmissions is Saturday 4/26 at 3pm. No submission will be accepted
after than time. We added additional offcie hours for the last week:
- Monday 4/21 noon-2pm
- Wednesday 4/23 4pm
- Thursday 4/24 5pm
- Friday 4/25 4pm
- Saturday 4/26 noon-3pm
- HW5: Problem 3 is now extra credit. If you are behind on HWs, you
can skip that. However learning how to use a quadratic solver is of
great value beyond SVM.
- No homeworks can be acepted/demoed after April 26
- HW6 posted, due April 24.
- HW5 posted, due April 7
- Thursday 3/20 office hours will happen earlier than usual 2-4pm.
- HW4 posted, due march 24.
- Monday 3/3 SPING BREAK WEAK - NO CLASS.
- But will hold additional office hours Mon 5-7PM. The other office hours (Wed/Thu/Fri) will also happen at usual times.
- Monday 2/17 class: WVH room 366, 6pm. Topic: Bayesian Networks/Graphical Models, optional material (no homework)
- HW3 draft posted, some edits necessary.
- Syllabus links fixed, HW2 edited and due Feb 10
- HW2 posted
- HW1 edited
- HW1 posted, due Jan 20
- Set up Dropbox
- Sign up for Dropbox if you dont have an account already
a *code only* folder inside Dropbox on your woking machine (in preferred location)
named CS6140_X_Yabcd with X=First name initial, and Yabcd=first five
letters (or less) of your last name. For example my name is Virgil
Pavlu, so my folder would be called CS6140_V_Pavlu
- This folder is for code, results, reports, pdfs, notes - BUT NOT FOR DATA. Keep data on a separate location on your HDD.
- Share this folder via Dropbox with "firstname.lastname@example.org". Note that I am not
using this address for email, so I wont read any emails sent to it.
- Welcome to CS 6140. Bookmark this page!