Assigned: Wed 22 Sep 2010
Due: Wed 29 Sep 2010
- Please review the
outlined in the course information page.
- On the first page of your solution write-up,
you must make explicit which problems are to be graded for
"regular credit", which problems are to be graded for "extra credit",
and which problems you did not attempt.
Please use a table something like the following
where "RC" is "regular credit", "EC" is "extra credit", and "NA"
is "not applicable" (not attempted). Failure to do so will result
in an arbitrary set of problems being graded for regular
credit, no problems being graded for extra credit, and a five percent
- You must also write down with whom you worked on the assignment. If this
changes from problem to problem, then you should write down this
information separately with each problem.
Required: 6 of the following 8 problems
Points: 20 pts per problem
- Use the construction given in the proof of Theorem 1.47 to give the state diagrams of the NFA recognizing the concatenation of the languages recognized by M_1 and M_2 in Exercise 1.1.
Use the construction given in the proof of Theorem 1.49 to give the state diagrams of the NFA recognizing the star of the language recognized by M_2 in Exercise 1.1.
- Exercise 1.7, parts b, c, d.
- Exercise 1.7, parts e, g, h.
- Exercise 1.16.
- Exercise 1.17.
- Exercise 1.18, parts a, b, c, d, e, f, g.
- Exercise 1.18, parts h, i, j, k, l, m, n.
- Exercise 1.22.