Game Developer Magazine's 2002 Game Developer's Salary Survey
Survey highlights include*:
* The average game programmer salary is $66,000.
* A technical director with 6 or more years experience earns an average of $104,000.
* Game artists earn an average of $61,000.
* A game designer with one year of experience earns an average of $52,000, with the highest salary reported at $300,000.
* Game producers earn an average of $76,000.
* Developer salaries are highest in California and Texas, where game development studios tend to cluster.
* Women in the game industry fare better than women in other industries, earning 89 cents on the dollar, exceeding the national average of 76 cents.
*Numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand.