Clarification about Function Visitor

Subject: Clarification about Function Visitor
From: Pengcheng Wu (wupc@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 21:26:30 EST

Hi,

One of our classmates asked a question about Function Visitor, I think I'd
better make a clarification here about the semantics of
subtraversals. When you define an around method on some class, and call
st.apply(), all the return values you can gather from this call, are the
return values of sub traversals to all the construction edges or
inheritance edges from this class, not including to any of its alternation
edges. The traversals to alternation edges(if applicable), are always
undergoing and you can not control.

I hope it is helpful.

--Pengcheng