RE: Running program in Linux

Subject: RE: Running program in Linux
From: Seth Gregory (seth@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 15:58:34 EST

Josh,

The syntax is:

* javac YourClassFile.java
* java YourClassFile

After you compile it (using javac) it will create a file with an
extension .class -- when you run it, just use "java" and the class file
name (don't include the .class extension)

So if I did "javac Main.java" it would create Main.class, and to run it
I would type "java Main"

Hope this helps,

Seth Gregory