Re: More help with prj file

Subject: Re: More help with prj file
From: Pengcheng Wu (wupc@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 14:14:02 EST

If you are implementing the TraversalJ project on Windows platform, then
read this message; otherwise, just ignore it.

When working on Windows platform while using AspectJ compiler in DemeterJ,
there are two things you should pay attention to:

  1. the COMPILER setup in the .prj file should be

     COMPILER = ajc.bat

     not just

     COMPILER = ajc

  2. You should go to the AspectJ web site (www.aspectj.org) to
     download and installthe most updated version of AspectJ compiler (1.1a1),
     which is newer than the current version available from CCS's UNIX
     machine.

I believe Harry's problem comes from a bug of AspectJ 1.0.6 ( I think
you are using this version, right, Harry?). AspectJ 1.0.6 compiler doesn't
recognize the CLASSPATH separator ';' on Windows platform. 1.1a1 version
doesn't have this problem.

--Pengcheng Wu