CS 3200 Introduction to Database Management Assignment #6
For the following schedules:
- Determine whether the schedule is view-serializable, conflict-serializable, recoverable, cascadeless and/or strict. Note: you must state separately whether
each one of these holds.
- For each of the 5 answers in the first part above, explain why or why not. In the case of the two notions of serializability, you must either give an equivalent serial schedule or a reason why the schedule is not serializable. For the other three concepts, you must give an example of a violation if the schedule does not have the property.
- R2(C), R1(C), R2(B), R2(A), C2, W4(B), R3(C), W3(C), C3, W4(A), R1(C), C1, R4(B), R4(A), C4
- R3(A), W1(A), W3(C), W4(B), R1(C), R2(C), C3, R2(C), R4(C), W2(B), C1, C2, C4
- R1(A), W1(B), R3(C), R3(A), R4(C), R4(B), C4, W2(C), W3(C), R3(A), W3(A), C1, C3, W2(C), C2