Thu 11 Sep 2008
Sequence D (TuFr 9:50 -- 11:30am)
39 Snell Library
- Working knowledge of the basic concepts of probability
will be assumed (e.g., random variables, basic probability
distributions, expectation, etc.).
- Elements of Information Theory, Second Edition
by Cover and Thomas.
- There will be approximately six homework assignments in the first
two-thirds of the term. The exact schedule of assignments will be
posted on the syllabus page.
- Each student will be responsible for one presentation,
to be given in the last third of the term.
- Homeworks: 2/3
- Presentation: 1/3
- All work submitted for credit must be your own.
- You may discuss the homework problems with your classmates and
Professor Aslam. You must acknowledge the people with whom you
discuss your work, and you must write up your own solutions. Any
written sources used (apart from the text) must also be
- Please ask if you have any questions about academic honesty as it
applies to CSG195.