Tue 04 Sep 2012
120 Snell Library
Officially, CS5100 (Foundations of Artificial Intelligence) and
CS5800 (Algorithms) are prerequisites. However, Machine Learning
is largely self-contained.
- Pattern Classification (second edition)
by Duda, Hart, and Stork. Recommended, but not required.
Homeworks and Projects
- There will be approximately six written homeworks and/or coding projects
assigned throughout the term. The exact schedule of these assignments will be
posted on the syllabus page.
- There will be a final project which will involve coding and a written report.
- Homeworks: 3/4
- Final Project: 1/4
- All work submitted for credit must be your own.
- You may discuss the homework problems with your classmates and
Professor Aslam. You must acknowledge the people with whom you
discuss your work, and you must write up your own solutions. Any
written sources used (apart from the text) must also be
- Please ask if you have any questions about academic honesty as it
applies to CS6140.