The purpose of this assignment is to get you thinking critically about a particular personal health interface being proposed that would use Google Glass.
- Pick an idea for an interface that will solve an important health problem and use Google Glass that relates to your research. This should be something you might ultimately be interested in doing with the technology.
- Write a 4 page paper (CHI format) (including references). The paper should clearly describe an idea for improving health or healthcare using Google Glass technology. The paper should include references to relevant scientific literature and a description of the problem(s) the technology might solve, the technical innovation the project would demonstrate, and the technical implementation challenges that might be encountered with suggestions for how they could be overcome. The paper will be evaluated on how well the idea proposal shows evidence that a thorough background literature review has been done and the details of a particular idea thought through. This paper might ultimately become the base for another paper you might submit to a conference at a later date, once a solution has been built and evaluated.
- The paper should should show evidence of careful thought, a careful literature review, and strong writing in terms of clarity, grammar, spelling, and overall organization.
- Someone who reads your paper should feel like they fully understand...
- The problem you propose to solve
- Why the problem is not only an important problem, but the most important problem YOU can address with your skills
- Why the problem has not been solved
- Why new opportunities created by Google Glass will allow you to solve the problem
- The idea you are actually proposing (i.e., how the technology might work)
- Anticipated challenges
PHI students SHOULD NOT be using text turned in in prior assignments in prior PHI courses.
References that you find that may be of interest to anyone in the course (generally interested in health innovation and Google Glass) should be entered in Mendeley.
Hand in the following:
- A copy of your paper as a Word document and PDF document. I will edit the Word document using track changes.
- References that others in the class may benefit from entered in the Mendeley group.
Send an email with your paper to ...@neu.edu.
Name the file in this format: [your last name].conceptpaper.pdf.