The purpose of this assignment is to have you synthesize the material we have discussed and that you have read. You will do this by writing as complete a paper on your proposed experiment as possible, given the stage of the study and data collection. You will be revising and extending the paper you submitted in the prior assignment.
Assume you have completed your pilot study. Write the paper that you might submit that presents the results (SIGCHI format, 8 pages max, but not including the References or Appendices, which can be as long as needed). You will include as much as you can given how far the experiment progressed. If results are available, you will use them. If results are not available, you will write a shell for a paper where you will later insert results when you have them. Doing this requires you to think through and justify all the details of what you propose and why. You will also need to succinctly but fully describe the technology and what it does. Provide the following:
- Background/relevant prior work
- Lit review used to justify why uEMA is worthwhile to pursue generally for measurement
- Example of why it will be important in a particular domain of interest to you
- Description of the problem (describe the baby step the experiment will take to understand one property of uEMA)
- System description
- Experimental design
- Results (include empty tables that have everything but the missing numbers, if preliminary data is not available)
- Discussion (include what you have learned so far about the data, study limitations, and (very briefly) remaining questions)
- References (complete, perfectly formatted; all references should be entered in Mendeley)
- Include screen shots (or designs) for all the screens for the technology used in the experiment that is not needed in the system description section.
- Based on what you learned so far from the experiment, in about 1-2 pages, describe what hypothesis and experiment you would pursue next to learn more about another fundamental property of uEMA, as precisely and clearly as you can.
- Prepare a presentation for the final class. You need to use the Petcha Kucha format, but it is up to you how to structure your presentation this time. You have 20 slides and 20 seconds each. Please use the final presentation template. The goal of the presentation will be to help you gather some additional feedback on your idea that you might be able to incorporate into your write-up.
Turn in all the materials above, including your presentation. Turn in your paper as both a PDF and Word document.