The purpose of this assignment is to have you synthesize the material we have discussed and that you have read. You will do this by preparing all the materials you would need to run your proposed study and report the results. Preparing these mateirals will help you to iron out the details of your proposed instrument and study, and it will prepare materials that you would need in the event you would like to actually run the study after the course.
- Develop all the materials you would need to run the experiment that you propose:
- Revise your experimental justification paper and design plan, addressing Stephen's questions.
- Using question format, develop a CSV file that has all the questions that would be needed to run your experiment as you envision it. (If the Pebble app is ready, test the file on your actual watch).
- In one page or less, describe any other software that is needed for the Pebble or phone to run your experiment. Be as specific as you can about how it works. There should be enough detail so that a programmer would know what to program.
- Fill out all the materials needed to submit the IRB for your proposed study. Northeastern IRB forms can be found online.
- Now, assume you have run your study. Write the paper that you might submit that presents the results (SIGCHI format, 8 pages max, including references, but not including the Appendices; the Appendices can be as long as helpful). You will include as much as you can given you don't know the outcome of your experiment. The way to think about this is that you are writing a shell for a paper where you will later insert results when you have them. Doing this requires you to think through and justify all the details of what you propose and why. Provide the following:
- Background/relevant prior work
- System description
- Experimental design
- Results (include empty tables where you can)
- Discussion (not of results, clearly, but of any other important information, such as limitations and next steps)
- References (complete, perfectly formated; all references should be entered in Mendeley (because you shoudl be using it)
- Any relevant information about the actual questionaire(s) modified should appear here, including the original measures or information about measures you are comparing to.
- Prepare a presentation for the final class.You need to use the Petcha Kucha format, but it is up to you how to structure your presentation this time. You have 20 slides and 20 seconds each. Please use the final presentation template. The goal of the presentation will be to help you gather some additional feedback on your idea that you might be able to incorporate into your write-up.
Turn in all the materials above, including your presentation.