COM3315 Sp2002 Final Exam Notes - Final is June 4th
Prof. Futrelle, College of Computer Science, Northeastern University
For your convenience and because a question will be asked about the merger database,
the Midterm Exam is posted here.
The Final Exam will be for the full class period and will be open-book, open-notes.
The material to be covered is listed by describing typical questions that you
might be given.
Chapter 3 - Basic SQL Query Language
- You will be asked to write an SQL query I will describe for the merger DB.
Chapter 6 -
- I will give you an ER diagram containing 1-1, N-1, and N-N relationships and
you will discuss it and state what tables would be a good implementation
of the ER diagram.
Chapter 8 - Indexing
- How are indexes created and updated -- unique and primary key fields, etc. (easy question)
- I'll give you the upper half of a figure similar to Fig. 8.12 (Growth of a B-Tree)
and ask you to show the changes as various inserts are done.
- A problem similar to Exercise 8.4 in the textbook.
Chapter 9 - Query Processing
- Problem(s) similar to 9.1 and 9.2.
Return to COM3315 home page.