Exams, COM1370 W98, Prof. Futrelle
- --> All exams and quizzes are closed-book.
- Quiz on Thursday, 15 January:
- Study Chapters 1 and 2 of your text. You are responsible for all the
concepts and terminology discussed in these chapters. This may seem like
"soft" material, but if you can claim to know graphics, you must
understand this material. (There will be a few details you can skip --
I'll mention these in class.)
- Midterm Exam (15%), Thursday, 19 February -- sections/pages covered:
- Chapter 1.
- Chapter 2.
- Chapter 3: pgs 84-92, 97-102, 117-130
- Chapter 4: pgs 154-157, 171-180
- Chapter 4: pgs 144-154 browse only
- Appendices: A-1, A-2, A-4
- Chapter 5: pgs. 184-195
- Final Exam (25%), week of March 16th - sections/pages covered:
- Everything that was on the Midterm, plus:
- Chapter 9. Three-D Concepts
- Chapter 10: pgs. 305-309
- Chapter 11. Three-D transforms: pgs. 408-414
- Chapter 13. Visible Surfaces: Introduction and Secs. 13-1, 13-2, and
- Chapter 14. Illumination: Introduction, Sec. 14-1, pgs. 497-500, Sec.
14-5, pgs. 522-524
- Chapter 15. Color: pg. 572 only, on the RGB model
- In addition, I will lecture briefly on clipping and curves, but these
will not be on the Final.
Other quizzes: To be announced.
Sample exams: (in preparation)
Return to COM1370 home page