If you are a student, school, organization or just an interested individual, please send any inquiries/suggestions/comments/ideas to email@example.com.
CISters c/o College of Computer & Information Science
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University, College of Computer & Information Science
West Village H, or WVH, is the tallest building in the
area. The sixteen-story glass & steel tower that opened in May 2004
is building 23H on the campus map.
440 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Benefits of this location:
- Public wireless internet (SSID: NUwave-guest)
- In-room computer, projection, sound, & laptop hookups
- Many great restaurants in the area
- Inexpensive parking nearby
If you don’t mind driving in Boston, you can probably find free spots (meters are free after 6PM) in the surrounding neighborhoods. However, it is Boston, so getting those spots may require N-point turns, illegal lefts, or serious parallel parking skills. For the rest of us, there’s the Northeastern owned Renaissance Parking Garage at 835 Columbus Ave.
Renaissance is building 62 on the campus map, and parking is $5 for two hours or $8 for three hours.
Public transportation might be the best way to get here. Both MBTA stations on-campus are listed on the campus map, so print it out for navigation once you arrive. Northeastern is accessible by subway via the Green Line of the MBTA. From downtown Boston, take an “E” train outbound to the Northeastern stop, the first stop above ground. The campus can also be reached from downtown via the Orange Line by taking an outbound (Forest Hills) train to Ruggles Station. Commuter rail lines connect with the Orange Line at Back Bay, Ruggles, and North Station. If you have questions about the best way to take the “T” from location X, send CISters a message and we’ll help you out.
- From the north (via Route I-93 or Route 1): Take the Storrow Drive exit, and proceed to the Fenway exit. Follow signs for Boylston Street inbound, and bear right onto Westland Avenue. Turn right onto Massachusetts Avenue, proceed to the third traffic light, and turn right onto Columbus Avenue. The Renaissance Parking Garage is at 835 Columbus Ave.
- From the west (via Route 90, Massachusetts Turnpike): Take Exit 22 (Copley Square), and bear right. Proceed to the first traffic light, and turn right onto Dartmouth Street. Take the next right onto Columbus Avenue. The Renaissance Parking Garage is at 835 Columbus Ave.
- From the west (via Route 9): Proceed east on Route 9; it will become Huntington Avenue. Turn right onto Ruggles Street. At the fourth traffic light, turn left onto Tremont Street. At the second set of lights, turn left onto Melnea Cass Boulevard, and then turn left onto Columbus Avenue. The Renaissance Parking Garage is at 835 Columbus Ave.
- From the south (via Route 3, Southeast Expressway): Take Exit 18 (Massachusetts Avenue), and proceed onto Melnea Cass Boulevard. Continue for approximately two miles, and turn left onto Columbus Avenue. The Renaissance Parking Garage is at 835 Columbus Ave.