Tue Dec 4, 2012
- The final exam for CS1800 is on Thursday December 13 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- If you are in the 10:30 AM lecture, please go to 168 SN to take the exam
- If you are in the 4:35 PM lecture, please go to 108 SN to take the exam
- If you are in need of special arrangements for the exam, you should get everything set up by this Thursday and inform the professors (Ravi and Harriet).
Sun Dec 2, 2012
- Steve Pletcher will hold extra office hours from 12-2 on Monday.
Tue Nov 27, 2012
- The due date for Written Homework 4 has been changed. It is now due at class on Monday, December 3.
Wed Nov 21, 2012
- Written Homework 4 now posted. It is due at class on Thursday, November 29.
Mon Nov 12, 2012
- EXTRA HELP BEFORE THE EXAM: There are no official recitations on Tuesday but TAs and peer tutors will be available for extra help in the rooms where the recitations are usually held and Professor Harriet Fell will be available in her office from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Also Gary, Jeff, and Tyler will hold their regular office hours.
Fri Nov 9, 2012
- Solutions to written hw 3 are now posted. No late assignments will be accepted.
Thu Nov 8, 2012
- The images of Jonathan Coulton's albums is missing from the practice exam. I can't easily rebuild the sample exam but this is the missing picture.
- There will be NO QUIZZES in Recitation 9. Induction on Friday November 16 or Tuesday November 20. The classes will be devoted to practicing induction.
Sun Nov 4, 2012
- Written Homework 3 is due on Friday, November 9, by 6 PM. There will be three boxes, one for each TA, in front of Professor Ravi Sundaram's office, WVH 242.
- Please deposit your assignment in the correct box. Please make sure that your name and your TA's name are on your paper.
- Yue Chen will pick up the boxes at 6 PM. I will post the solutions shortly after that so you can look over the solutions before the exam on Tuesday.
- No late papers will be accepted.
Thu Nov 1, 2012
- The due dates on these two online Homework assignments have been changed.
- Probability (new due date: 11/5, 9pm )
- Conditional Probability and Markov Chains (new due date: 11/7, 9pm )
- Written Homework 3 is now posted. It is due November 9, 2012.
Mon Oct 29, 2012
- Professor Ravi Sundaram will NOT hold office hours from November 7, 2012 to November 19, 2012 as he will be travelling.
Thu Oct 23, 2012
- Adam Wigmore will not have his office hours on October 25, 2012.
Thu Oct 9, 2012
- Liam Fratturo will not be able to hold office hours tomorrow.
- Solutions for Written Homework 2 are now posted. No more submissions for HW2 will be accepted.
Thu Oct 4, 2012
- Written Homework 1 solutions are now posted. No more submissions for HW1 will be accepted.
- Solutions for Written Homework 2 will be posted Monday night and after that no late submissions will be accepted.
- EXTRA HELP BEFORE THE EXAM: There are no official recitations on Tuesday but TAs, peer tutors, and Professor Ravi Sundaram will be available for extra help in the rooms where the recitations are usually held and Professor Harriet Fell will be available in her office from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM,
Tue Oct 2, 2012
- Online Homework 4: Prime Factors, gcd, lcm, ISBN numbers, and Extended Euclid is now due on Thursday, 10/4 at 9pm.
- Just added a new handout: Still Guarding Secrets after Years of Attacks, RSA Earns Accolades for its Founders
Sat Sep 29, 2012
- HW2 is out, see
Though HW2 tells you to turn it in at the beginning of class - ignore that, there is no class on Fridays.
There will be a box outside 242WVH - please put your solutions in that box before 6PM on Fri, 10/05.
Thu Sep 27, 2012
- On Fri 9/28 the 9:50 AM recitation in 130DG Dodge Hall has been moved to 422SL (Snell Library) because Dodge Hall is needed for some university event. This is a one-time change just for this one day.
Mon Sep 24, 2012
- I have a meeting today at 3 pm. I will be in my office, 446 WVH, after that meeting, from 4:30 pm to 6 pm. -- Harriet Fell
Sun Sep 23, 2012
- In general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions pertaining to the course, rather than emailing individual faculty members. You are likely to get a faster response to your emails to email@example.com.
Tue Sep 18, 2012
- The CS1800 Final Exam has been set for 13 Dec from 10:30 - 12:30. The room has not yet been announced.
Mon Sep 17, 2012
- Liam Fratturo will hold office hours 6:30-8:30pm in 212 WVH Tuesday night this week instead of Wednesday night.
Thu Sep 15, 2012
- Written Homework 1 is posted. There is a link to it on the assignments page.
Thu Sep 13, 2012
- The start time of the mid-terms have been pushed out from 6 PM to 7 PM to accommodate students with conflicts.
- Mid Term Exam 1 will be held 7 – 8 PM Oct 9.
- Mid Term Exam 2 will be held 7 – 8:30 PM Nov 13.
Wed Sep 12, 2012
- We will try out the clickers today.
- Professor Fell will not have an office hour at 3 pm today.
Tue Sep 5, 2012
Welcome to CS1800 - Discrete Structures
- Get printed copy of the text at the bookstore
- Purchase a clicker
- Register your clicker with Blackboard
- Register for a homework account