For those seeking their own co-op jobs outside of COOL:
- Determine location and area(s) in which you are interested in working. Connect with your Co-op Faculty Coordinator to see if we have alumni in the area or any other connections. Once you have made contact with a company, your Co-op Faculty Coordinator will be happy to connect with your contact to explain the co-op process.
- Find names of companies in the area.
- Department of Career Services
- Websites like Indeed.com, Careerbuilder.com, LinkedIn etc.
- Once you find a position you are interested in:
- Draft a cover letter.
- Proofread Resume.
- Follow the application instructions and apply.
- Your Co-op Faculty Coordinator can proofread all cover letters and resume drafts.
Positions outside of the Cool database must be approved before your Co-op Faculty Coordinator and we will need a job description and supervisor information.