Taking a Class While on Co-op
- Student will have worked a minimum of one successful semester at the same company and/or must have successfully completed at least 3 months at the same company.
- Should have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Course must meet after 5PM
- Prepare a brief email to your Co-op Faculty Coordinator, with your manager cc’d, that includes the following information:
- Reason for taking course during co-op
- Course meeting time
- Co-op work supervisor’s name, phone number and company
- Specify if the manager has approved you taking a course while on co-op.
Students permitted to take a course while on co-op should not be asking their employers/supervisors to take any time off to study and/or meet with faculty members.
Working Part Time and Going to School
- Full time students on F1 Visas are not permitted to work off-campus.
- Part time work on campus is permitted.
- Students requesting a Co-op assignment extension MUST request permission in writing from their Co-op Faculty Advisor.
- Permission must be requested at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the extension.